It’s has been quite a year but we’ve had the opportunity to read some wonderful books. Here are the Mavens’ top books of 2020 in no particular order!
- The Lizards tale by Weng Wai Chan, published by Text.
- Anzac Girl, by Kate Simpson illustrated by Jess Racklyeft, published by Allen and Unwin.
- Gargantis, by Thomas Taylor, published by Walker Books
- The Power of Positive Pranking by Nat Amoore, published by Penguin Random House.
- The Theory of Hummingbirds, by Michelle Kadarusman, published by UQP.
- The Strangeworlds Travel agency, by LD Lapinski, Illustrated by Natalie Smillie, published by Hachette.
- The Inkberg Enigma by Jonathan King, published by Gecko Press.
- The Heartsong of Wonder Quin, by Kate Gordon, published by UQP.
- Egg and Spoon by Alexandra Tylee, Illustrated by Giselle Clarkson, published by Gecko Press.
- The Odds by Matt Stanton, published by Harper Collins.
- The Grandest Bookshop in the World by Amelia Mellor published Affirm Press
- Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crowe by Jessica Townsend published by Lothian Children’s Books
- The Lost Soul Atlas by Zana Fraillon published by Lothian Children’s Books
- Fly on the Wall by Remy Lai published by Walker Books Australia
- The Witch’s Boy by Kelly Barnhill published by Bonnier
- The Boy, the Wolf and the Stars by Shivaun Plozza published by Penguin Australia
- Beyond Belief by Dee White published by Omnibus Books (an imprint of Scholastic Australia)
- The Werewolves Who Weren’t by T C Shelley published by Bloomsbury
- The Wolves of Greycoat Hall by Lucinda Gifford published by Walker Books Australia
- The Fire Star by A L Tait published by Penguin Australia
1 thought on “The Mavens’ Top 20 of 2020”